Monday 15 December 2014

Collecting 2015 - I'm "DONE" with retro game collecting!


There's a few reasons I've moved on from Retro Game Collecting! But what ever could I move on to?
(Not my game room in the picture! But click here to check out this awesome room!)

"A hobby is suppose to help you pass the time... not fill it!" Funny me, using that quote that came from a Psycho named Normal Bates. I'm beginning to come to grips with this "collecting" of mine, the hundreds of video games, it must seem crazy to the "normal" people. I guess it's a good thing there's so many like myself out there. However, as I continue to age like a fine wine, my collecting is going to have to evolve as well. Here's why I'm "done" with retro collecting, it's the theme I've come up with for 2015...
"I've got all the games I've ever wanted!"

Never thought I'ld ever say it, but I've got all the video games I set out to get nearly a decade ago when I started. Sure there are some games that I would LOVE to get still (such as Earthbound (value: $300) or Bubble Bath Babes ($700+)) However, every game that ever meant anything to me has been crossed off my list. Combined with how many people are now getting into retro game collecting and this crazy market, i'm "done" with the retro game! If you've been following our channel on Youtube, you've noticed how important my "game room" is to me, especially designing it. Therefore, I've decided to better curate in my video game collecting (meaning I'm picking up less quantity, but more quality). More of my energy will be focused on...

FIGURE / STATUE COLLECTING!
A line of Konami's Metal Gear Solid series figures by Playarts! So Sexy!
I think it's a great way to add some variety to my collecting not to mention the new rejuvenation I've  received. It feels like church, a whole new world for me to explore. I'm a beginning character, a "newbie" so to speak. There's a lot to know and I'm excited to learn. So far I've focused on video game related statues and figures! I'll be posting more on my personal blog as I go, sharing my research and hopefully inspiring my fellow retro video game collectors if they so choose. It gives a new dimension to our YouTube and online presences as well. So stay tuned for more! in the mean time, be safe and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

EDIT Dec 16 2014, 21:21hrs
Because some people asked, YES I still will buy the odd video game here and there, but for cheap! I am the Thriftdweller after all! I just want to focus more energy on figures / statues! -n8

No comments:

Post a Comment