Thursday 1 May 2014

My Worst Predictions Ever!

"From the mouth of babes"
While cleaning my video game closet, I couldn't help but giggle when I found an old wrestling magazine and remembered when I was a child, I thought "Essa Rios is going to be the next big thing". Needless to say, that never happened, in fact I had some really dumb predictions growing up, everything from wrestling to video games. It inspired me to share my Top 5 Worst Predictions Ever!

The next big thing in wrestling ladies and gents! =D

Nate's Top 5 Worst Childhood Predictions

5) "Essa Rios is Wrestling's next best thing!" 
Long story short, he never made it! (Interesting fact, he was initially paired up with Hall of Fame-er Lita! At least she made it!)

Leave it to Filipinos to embrace a game genetics smacked them down from playing! =D
4) "I think I have a shot at playing in the NBA"
I spent a lot of time in Wellington School playground shooting hoops thinking if I practiced every day, I could make it to the NBA. It never helped that I was usually playing by myself and at any minute I could be jumped for my sneakers. To be fair, I did hit a growth spurt in grade 8... but never hit another one since then. Leave it to Filipinos in my generation and generations before to embrace a game genetics gave us a huge disadvantage in height alone.



3) "Kimbo Slice could be a real UFC contender!"
After a sub-par 1-1 UFC record, Kimbo went on to become a pro boxer.




2) "You can't break a Five Star binder, ever!"
I had to be cool and get a Five Star Binder like all the other kids. Dropped it once, the rings permanently went uneven. It broke! Worst $20 investment my mom ever made! Sorry mom, my bad!


1) "I don't think they can ever top Nintendo64 graphics"
Sounds silly now and in retrospect today, N64 graphics still haven't aged well... sorry 64BitMatthew

Makes me laugh how silly young Nate was! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment